New Crypto Plus Trading Permissions for Enhanced Cryptocurrency Trading
Now enable your account for the Crypto Plus trading permissions and enjoy several advantages over the basic cryptocurrency trading permissions:
- 24/7 cryptocurrency trading access via Paxos web app.
- Four additional currencies to trade in addition to BTC, ETH, LTC, and BCH, including Chainlink (LINK), Polygon (MATIC), Uniswap (UNI) and Aave (AAVE).
- Transfer and hold USD in your Paxos account.
- Support for non-marketable DAY and GTC buy limit orders.
Crypto Plus must be enabled in Client Portal, and these features are available to all eligible clients with individual or joint accounts, and institutional Investors such as Hedge Funds, Organizations and Introducing Brokers. You can continue to trade BTC, ETH, LTC and BCH cryptocurrencies at Paxos from Trader Workstation (TWS), Client Portal, IBKR Mobile, and IBKR GlobalTrader, our simplified mobile app for global stock trading. All trading of other cryptocurrencies, LINK, MATIC, UNI & AAVE, must be done via the Paxos Web App.
To enable Crypto Plus log into Client Portal and from the "Welcome" avatar in the upper right corner select Settings then choose Trading Permissions from the Trading section. Select Add/Edit from the Cryptocurrencies icon and then:
- If you currently have US Cryptocurrency trading permissions, choose to upgrade to Crypto Plus and follow the steps to pre-fund your account.
- If you have not yet signed up for US Cryptocurrency trading permissions, follow the wizard to get trading permissions and open a Paxos account, and then follow the steps to pre-fund your account.
Once you have enabled Crypto Plus, all cryptocurrency trading must be pre-funded by transferring funds from your IBKR account into your Paxos account held at Paxos Trust Company. Once you have enabled Crypto Plus, you can trade via the Paxos web app.
To use the Paxos web app:
- From the Mosaic Account menu select Crypto Plus Web-App.
- To transfer funds to your account for cryptocurrency trading, use the Transfer Funds command in the web app, or from the Mosaic Account menu select Transfer Funds/Positions and then select Crypto Funds Transfer.
Please note that if you do not have sufficient funds in your cryptocurrency account segment to place a trade, you will get an order reject message with instructions on how to fund the account segment.
All exchange and custody services in connection with trading and holding cryptocurrency tokens and other digital asset tokens through IBKR trading platforms are provided by Paxos Trust. Learn More.